To keep your jewelry’s brilliance, learn what to avoid and how to care for your precious metals and natural gemstones with the care instructions below:
Caring For and Wearing Your Jewelry
- To help protect the durability and high-quality of your jewellery, remove your jewelry when you shower, bathe or engage in heavy exercise, particularly when swimming in the sea or a chlorinated swimming pool.
- All of our gemstones are natural and therefore can be vulnerable to absorbing dirt and to chipping. Settings may also become loose over-time.
- Avoid spraying perfume, applying creams or any other liquids directly onto your jewelry.
- Keep your jewelry away from extreme temperatures, humidity or sunlight.
- Avoid wearing your jewelry when using bleach, cleaning products and other chemicals.
How to Store Your Jewelery
- We highly recommend that you store your jewelry in the original Bounkit packaging provided or another suitably lined box or soft pouch and place a small packet of desiccant crystals in the packaging if you live in a humid climate.
- Ideally store your pieces of jewelry separately, so that they don't rub together or become tangled.
Do not use tissue paper or paper towels to clean metal as they can cause scratching.
Cleaning Precious Metals
- To keep your jewelry looking radiant and to remove the build-up of dirt and premature tarnish we recommend using a polishing cloth. Rub the piece in one direction rather than circular motions.
- A Silver cleaner can be used to clean Sterling Silver pieces but not 18ct Rose or Yellow Gold Vermeil.
- Do not use tissue paper or paper towels to clean metal as they can cause scratching.
How to Prevent Tarnishing
- All our Sterling Silver product is protected with an anti-tarnish solution to help prevent tarnish but this may eventually wear with time.
- Silver tarnishes rapidly when exposed to certain substances in our everyday lives so we recommend caring for, wearing and storing your jewelry as mentioned above.